Healthy living involves adopting a lifestyle that will lead to good health. Physical health as well as mental health will lower the risk of some diseases, improve your performance and help with body weight control. According to research people who maintain a healthy living style are better placed to increase their life span. Eating a healthy diet, regular exercise, avoiding stress, avoiding smoking and taking low sugar foods are among the most important steps towards achieving a healthy life.
Top Healthy Foods for Healthy Living Style
- Apples- They contain helpful antioxidants that combat free radicals. These radicals are responsible for causing harmful changes in the body resulting in development of diseases and facilitating the aging process.
- Almonds-They are a rich source of vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, iron and fiber. According to research they contain a high level of unsaturated fatty acids that can help control cholesterol levels in the body.
- Broccoli -Not only do they contain a helpful antioxidant called beta-carotene, they are a rich source of potassium, calcium, folate, fiber and phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are known to lower the risk of dangerous diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- Blueberries- They lowers the risk of cognitive diseases. They contain antioxidants, fiber and phytonutrients.
- Fish- Contain omega-3 fatty acids that help in the healthy functioning of the nervous system as well as the heart. They are also rich in vitamin A and D.
- Leafy green vegetables- These includes spinach, kale and cabbage. They are rich in antioxidants, zinc, folic acid, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorous, vitamins A, B, C, E and K. According to research they help reduce the risk of diabetes.
In terms of importance good health is only second to actually being alive. You can now make an informed choice to invest in your future by adopting a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle could not be easier.